Monday, November 29, 2010
Best part of the day... Random conversations!
Since I have been in London I have had many random conversations, which have made my day! On the tube,I sat next to a woman who was reading a Thousand Splendid Suns, and I asked her how the book was... and then I learned that her aunt is a psychology prof. at LMU! What a small world. She said she knew I was not British, because speaking to people on the tube was abnormal, however she was glad that I talked to her. Then, another time on tube, this random man saw that I was reading a philosophy book, and decided to tell me all of these great philosophy books to read, which was nice. Also, on the tube, I met this woman who expressed her discontent with the tube line, because it always got stuck right before her stop. It always improves my communte when I talk to someone new. The best one, was when I had to take the bus, and I sat next to a community advocate for the disabled, she really liked me... in fact she said "Hopefully I will see you every morning"... Sadly, I take the tube now, but it was wonderful to chat with her about community work and living in London. Hopefully I will have many more random conversations to report!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment